For the exercise of picture charades, I have selected the names of books to be guessed & gave clues of names of authors whenever needed. I drew sketches representing the concept & denoting the name of the book. My elder sister tried to guess the books from these symbolic sketches.
1) An angel & the demon makes it easier to guess the name of the book ‘Angels & Demons’ visually.
2) The childhood of an innocent boy from Kabul which is affected by politics in Afghanistan is reflected in the book, hence, the kite symbolizes the childhood & free will. It helps to guess the name of the book ‘Kite Runner’.
3) The skyline represents the word ‘cities’ itself, thus the famous book ‘A tale of two cities’ by Charles Dickens was easily guessed.
4) The protagonist Harry Potter’s famous round glasses, scar on the forehead & the magic wand have been the icons which can be easily identified to understand the name of the series of books by author J. K. Rowling..
5) The youngest Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai who bravely kept rebelling against the terrorists for education can’t be sketched better other than this way only ! Her brave smile & glint in the eyes makes the intention of radicalism pale & ineffective
6) The Time Machine is a science fiction novel by H. G. Wells. Wells is credited with the popularization of the concept of time travel by using a vehicle that allows an operator to travel purposely and selectively forwards or backwards in time. So, tried to explain the concept through the sand-clock & pendulum clock which can be best used to describe the movement of ever-flowing time. The mechanical wheels symbolize the travel.
7) The inventor who tries to circumnavigate the earth in 80 days is the concept of the novel which was turned into a movie later. Tried to sketch a globe & a traveler. The hot-air balloon helps to depict the concept of travel.